Apple Magic Mouse 2, Magic Keyboard, Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad, and Magic Trackpad 2 work wirelessly with your Mac via Bluetooth when they're paired and turned on.
If your devices came with a new iMac, they're already paired with the computer. Just turn them on when you first turn on your Mac. To make sure that your device is turned on, check its power switch. If green is visible, the device is on.
If you bought your devices separately — or if they've become unpaired from your Mac — follow the steps below to pair them.
How to set up current Apple wireless devices
Follow these steps to set up your Magic Mouse 2, Magic Keyboard, Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad, or Magic Trackpad 2:
- Connect a Lightning to USB Cable1 or a USB-C to Lightning Cable to the Lightning port on the device2 and connect the other end of the cable to your Mac.
- Make sure that the device's power switch is in the ON position. (Green is visible under the switch when the device is on.)
- Choose Apple () menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth to open the Bluetooth preferences window. When the device pairs with your Mac, it appears in the list of devices.
- Check the Bluetooth preferences window to see your device's charge level. When the device is charged, unplug it for wireless use.
- The best and the original remote Android mouse and keyboard out there. AndroMouse converts your phone into wireless mouse, keyboard, and more. Connection with your computer is made either using your existing wi-fi or using Bluetooth. AndroMouse also features speech-to-type which uses Google speech recognition to make your work easier. Works with Windows/Mac/Linux. Great for presentations.
- Turn your mobile phone or tablet into a set of wireless mouse, keyboard and trackpad. Scan to download on mobile. Download Remote Mouse app. Integrated with iOS and Android's speech recognition. Simply type on a computer by clicking the voice button and speaking to your phone. Android, Windows, Mac OS.
- AndroMouse lets you convert your Android smartphone into a wireless mouse, keyboard, media remote, file browser and much more. Communication with your computer can be made using your WiFi network or using Bluetooth. Mac Users – When trying to run the server for the first time you might get a message saying ‘the file cannot be opened.
Remote Mouse™ turns your mobile phone or tablet into a user-friendly remote control for your computer. It simulates the function of wireless mouse, keyboard and touchpad, also provides a variety of specialty control panels, such as Media Remote, Application Switcher and Web Browsing Remote, which helps you perform specific operations more quickly. The small features designed for one-handed.
1. If your Bluetooth device came with an iMac, a Lightning to USB cable was also included in the box.
2. Magic Mouse 2 can't be used while connected to the cable.
How to set up earlier Apple wireless devices
If you're not sure which device you have, you can learn how to identify your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, or trackpad.
Then use a wired mouse or trackpad — or the built-in trackpad if you're using a Mac notebook — and follow these steps to set up your earlier Apple wireless devices (such as the Apple Wireless Keyboard, Magic Mouse, and Magic Trackpad):
- Turn on your device.
- Wait until your device's LED starts blinking, which means that it's in Discoverable Mode. (If the LED is on but not blinking, your device is already paired with another host. To unpair it, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth. Hover the pointer over the device you want to remove, then click the button that appears next to the device's name. Turn the device off, then start again at step 1.)
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth.
- Wait while your Mac searches for your device. When your device appears in Bluetooth preferences, click Pair1.
1. Apple Wireless Keyboard requires the passcode that appears on your Mac. Enter the 8-digit passcode on the keyboard, then press Return. Earlier models of Apple Wireless Mouse or Apple Magic Trackpad will connect automatically or show a dialog. If you see a dialog, click Pair or press Return.