If you use Boot Camp to run Windows on your Mac, you can visit the AMD website to download the latest version of their drivers for Windows. These Mac computers use AMD graphics:
Apple ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB Graphics Card 639-0677 Mac Pro 2009-2012 w/ Cables $109.99 OEM Apple AMD ATI Radeon HD5870 1GB Graphics Card Mac Pro 1,1 2,1 3,1 4,1 5,1. Verify which model of the Mac Pro you own as shown here. If you own the 1,1 or 2,1 Mac Pro your options are limited to a few GPUs: Nvidia GT 120; Nvidia 8800 GT; AMD Radeon 7950, 7970 or R9 280X if you have installed OS X Mavericks or newer via hack methods. We do not provide these methods, but information about them is readily available online. Radeon™ Pro Vega II GPU powering the Mac Pro delivering cutting-edge memory bandwidth & compute performance. Learn more about Radeon™ Pro SSG & Duo GPUs! ATI Radeon HD 6870 1GB.Graphics Card for Mac. AMD Video Card for Mac Pro 3,1-5,1. Condition is Used. Shipped with USPS Priority Mail. Great condition used. So, it wasn't that Apple ditched ATI and in fact there was a 466 MHz model of the Power Mac G4 (Digital Audio) which had a 16MB ATI RAGE 128 Pro graphics card instead.
- 15-inch MacBook Pro introduced in 2015 or later
- 27-inch iMac introduced in 2014 or later
- 21.5-inch iMac with Retina display introduced in 2017 or later
- iMac Pro introduced in 2017
- Mac Pro introduced in 2013 or later
Check your version of AMD graphics drivers
- Start up your Mac in Windows.
- Take any of these steps to open Radeon settings:
- Right-click your desktop and choose AMD Radeon Settings.
- Or click Radeon Settings in the notification area.
- Or choose AMD Radeon Settings from the Programs menu.
- In Radeon settings, click the System Tab, then click the Software tab.
- The version number is shown under Driver Packaging Version.
Download and install the latest AMD graphics drivers
Old Ati Cards
- In Windows, go to the AMD website, then click Drivers & Support.
- Select your product from the list, not the menu: First select Graphics, then select Mac Graphics in the next column, then select Apple Boot Camp in the next column.
- Click Submit to view the list of available drivers.
- Look for the driver version that supports your Mac model. If it's a later version (higher number) than the version installed on your Mac, click Download.
- Extract the downloaded ZIP file, then run the Setup app in the resulting folder to install the drivers.