PDF Professional as the name says is a professional PDF app for Mac devices. This software includes functionalities for reading, annotating, editing and converting PDF files. This is one of the. How do I convert a Word file to PDF without losing the formatting? As the inventor of the PDF file format, Adobe makes sure our Acrobat Word to PDF conversion tool preserves your document formatting. When you use the online tool, your fonts, images, and alignment will look as expected on Mac or Windows. How to Convert JPG to PDF on Mac. Follow the steps below to easily create a PDF from a JPG on Mac: Step 1. Convert JPG to PDF on Mac. Open the program on your Mac and you can go to 'File' in the main menu and click on 'Create' and then the 'PDF from File' option, which will also enable you to upload your JPG file. Apr 12, 2020 Method 3: Convert PDF to Word File and Edit on macOS. To convert PDF to Word and then edit the document in Microsoft Word, you can check our article: Convert PDF to Word Mac. Method 4: Using a PDF Editor on macOS. There is a huge number of PDF editors for macOS that you can download and install.
2020-09-09 17:46:58 • Filed to: PDFelement for Mac How-Tos • Proven solutions
HEIC to PDF conversion is a prerequisite to share photos taken on an iPhone or iPad. The reason is that it is not a native format for operating systems other than iOS, such as Windows and Android. To convert HEIC to PDF, you will need to look for a desktop utility or an HEIC to PDF online conversion service. This article shows you three different methods to convert HEIC to PDF on Mac that involve both online and offline conversion tools.
Method 1: How to Convert HEIC to PDF on Mac
The first method can be executed on a PDF editor such as PDFelement and involves creating a PDF from an image file and saving it. The simple process is described below for you to reproduce on your Mac.
Step 1. Open Create Tool
First, make sure you have the HEIC image on your Mac and install PDFelement. Now, launch the program and go to 'File' → 'Create' → 'PDF from File…'.
Step 2. Select the HEIC File and Create to PDF
Next, select your HEIC image file in the Finder window that opens. The screenshot below shows a PNG image as the source file but you can select HEIC, JPG, TIFF, GIF, and almost any other image format to convert to PDF.
Step 3. Save the Created PDF
When you click 'Open' at the end of the previous step, the HEIC file will be converted to PDF. You can click 'File' → 'Save' to save the newly created PDF.
Although this method is fairly simple, there's an even simpler way to convert HEIC to PDF on Mac using PDFelement. This approach is described in the next section.
Method 2: Convert HEIC to PDF on Mac using Drag and Drop Action
Nothing could be simpler than this particular way to convert your HEIC files to PDF, as you can see below.
Do Pdf Per Mac
- Have Finder open on your Mac desktop and launch PDFelement after installation. The folder containing the HEIC file should be open in Finder before you fire up PDFelement.
- When you see both windows on your screen, as shown in the screenshot above, select and drag the image file from the Finder window into the PDFelement window and drop it there.
- As before, go to 'File' → 'Save' and save the new PDF file.
Both these methods are offline solutions to convert your HEIC files to PDF so they can be viewed on any device running on any operating system. This is merely one of the many features offered by PDFelement. Here are a few other important tasks you can execute with this versatile PDF software for macOS.
- Create PDF files from over 300 file types as shown in the two methods above.
- Edit your PDF files with convenient tools to add, remove, and modify content.
- Convert PDFs into formats like Word or HTML to edit them in their native applications.
- Annotate documents with a large collection of markup tools for reviewing and commenting.
- Provide strong security and privacy to your document workflows with encryption, redaction, etc.
- Optimize PDF files for sharing by compressing them and reducing their size by a significant percentage.
- Fill forms and convert non-editable forms into interactive PDFs.
- Apply OCR to recognize text in image-based or scanned PDF files.
- Perform batch processes for encryption, conversion, and many other tasks. You can even use it for HEIC to PDF conversions in bulk if you have a lot of photos in your album.
- Organize PDF documents with merge and split functions, and manipulate pages within files by adding, removing, reordering, cropping, or rotating them.
- Securely share documents with cloud storage accounts like Google Drive.
- Add digital signatures to legally validate a document and your identity.
Free Pdf For Mac Download
The next method, shown below, uses an HEIC to PDF converter online.
Method 3: Convert HEIC to PDF Online with Zamzar
The HEIC to PDF online method of conversion obviously requires an Internet connection. On any supported browser, go to the URL provided by the conversion service, upload your file, choose the output format, process it, and download it on your Mac.
- 1. Zamzar is one of the most accurate HEIC to PDF converters online. Go to the specific URL for HEIC to PDF conversion.
- 2. Click 'Add Files', drag and drop your HEIC files, or use the 'select link' option to convert from an image URL.
- 3. Choose PDF as the output format.
- 4. Click 'Convert Now' the checkbox and provide your email address before beginning the conversion.
The advantage here is that you can convert multiple files up to a certain limit. On the other hand, since this is an online tool, any interruption in your Internet connection will halt the process and you'll need to start it all over again. For that reason, it is recommended that you use an installable application like PDFelement so you don't have to worry about delays or security issues when uploading or downloading the processed files.
Free Download or Buy PDFelement right now!
Free Download or Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
You can select Adobe PDF in almost any Windows or macOS application while printing. Print to PDF creates an electronic copy of your file that you can save to disk. Printing a file to PDF using the Adobe PDF printer flattens the file.
Ensure that Acrobat is installed on your computer, otherwise, the Adobe PDF printer or the Save As Adobe PDF option won't appear. Don’t have Acrobat? Try Acrobat for free.
Watch this video tutorial to use the Adobe PDF Printer to create PDFs from almost any application.
Pdf Program Mac
Video (03:34) Contributers: lynda.com, Claudia McCue
Choose Adobe PDF as the printer in the Print dialog box.
To customize the Adobe PDF printer setting, click the Properties (or Preferences) button. (In some applications, you may need to click Setup in the Print dialog box to open the list of printers, and then click Properties or Preferences.)
Click Print. Type a name for your file, and click Save.
For more information on Adobe PDF printer settings, see Using the Adobe PDF printer.
The Adobe PDF printer is not available on Mac. However, you can use the Save As Adobe PDF option to print a file to PDF on Mac.
In macOS Mojave (v10.14), when you try to print a document to PDF using the System Print Dialog > Save As Adobe PDF, the following error message is displayed: 'This workflow contains the action Save As Adobe PDF, which is provided by a third party. Third party actions must be explicitly enabled.'
To resolve this error, see Error in saving as Adobe PDF macOS Mojave 10.14.
Click the PDF button and choose Save As Adobe PDF.
|Have trouble printing to PDF? Chat with us one-on-one on Facebook .|