The Best Zip Password Cracker - Password Genius. If you are not satisfied with the online zipped. Winzip can zip or unzip on Mac, and open.7z file on Mac. This Winzip app on Mac support.
Are you worried about your files being accessed without your permission? Sometimes, our confidential data might be stolen due to the files not being protected. If you have some private data, files, pictures, videos and you do not want anyone to see them or access them you can password protect Zip file Mac OS X. If you don’t know how to do this, this article will explain you in simple steps.
Creating the password protected zip files
- First of all you need to select the file or folder you wish to protect the data, it can be pictures, documents or any folder.
- Click “Command” + “Space” keys at the same time to open the Spotlights search (default keybinds for Spotlights). Type “ter”, and click “Enter” for “Terminal” in Spotlight on your Mac to open it.
- Make shure that your destination folder is correct: pwd + Enter
- If you need to change your detination path use: cd /any_destination_you_need/ (in my case the destination is / Users/username/Desktop/).
- While destination will be correct write the following command to protect your folder with a password: zip -er <archive_name> <target_folder>”.
- Subsequently, you will be able to see a pop up which will prompt you to enter a password twice. Enter your desired password, make sure it is strong and not easy to break. Use a combination of upper and lowercase alphabets and number.
- Once you have entered the password, press “Enter”.
- You’ll be asked to verify the password you have just entered, so enter the same password again. Then press “Enter”. Now you are done adding a password to your zip files.
How to open password protect a zip file Mac?
Once you have password protected your zip files on Mac. You must know how to open it when you need to or otherwise the data will be locked forever. This section explains how to unzip password protected zip file mac. Follow the simple steps below to open your zipped files and access them on Max OS X.
Read more:Zip File That Turns Into a CPGZ on MAC OS X. How to Open it
To open an encrypted file, simply double click on it. A pop up will appear on the screen asking you to enter your password, once you enter the password, the zip file will decompress and it will open. You can now access the folder.
However, in another case, if you need to open it from Terminal.
Follow the steps bellow:
- Open the Terminal on the Mac and search for it in Spotlight.
Password Zip File Windows 10
- Next, in Terminal enter “unzip -P password_you_add_before <your destination folder>“ (in my case the destination is /Users/username/Desktop/).
- Afterwards, press “Enter”
Crack Zip Password Mac
So these were the steps how you can password protect your files from being accessed by the attackers and keep them safe at all files. Also, you can decompress them whenever you want to and open these files by just entering your password in a matter of seconds. From now onwards, never worry about your data being leaked out. Stay safe at all times, under all conditions.